Tuesday, January 2, 2007

The Days of Old

As the sun sets in the sky
I can feel the autumn rain
Dripping slowly from up high
Onto my window pane

Though the moon is out of sight
And the sun is out of mind
I can feel my skin grow tight
As you creep up from behind

The days of old come back again
When we tumbled in the grass
I think about you now and then
The memories will pass
Still I cannot help but wonder
Why we had to say goodbye
I can feel the crashing thunder
As I kneel down and cry

The meaning of survival
Found in love that's lost within
Is a kiss that brings revival
To a world corrupt with sin

It's an endless game of myth and fact
That keeps us both apart
So I must approach with hope and tact
For, still you have my heart

So please ignore the endless rains
That are flooding from my eyes
For you know that my eternal flame
Has been watered down to die

So if we should brush shoulders
On the streets that lie below
My body will grow colder
As the tears begin to flow

I will love you for forever
I just have to let you know
I know you cannot love me
So I have to let you go

No comments: